Happy Dogs, Running Free

Happy Dogs, Running Free

I think the best thing about owning a dog is seeing them run free when they can be let off the lead. The look of sheer enjoyment and excitement on their faces is a sheer joy to watch.

It’s difficult to capture a good photo when they are tearing around a field at 100mph but I did manage a couple on our walk today. These are my daughter’s dogs Luca and Rosie, Darcy was there too but he has to be kept on a lead.

Happy Dogs Luca

Happy Dogs Luca

It always gives me a real lift to see dogs having fun, it’s worth all the muddy paws when they get home. I only wish I had got half their energy!

What do you love most about owning a dog?

Improve your skills with KPCT's interactive training videos from some of the world’s most talented trainers.

12 comments for “Happy Dogs, Running Free

1. 28th October 2018 at 8:27 pm

Having four of them! Though our dear Annie is soon to be 16 and is in the “just make her comfortable” stage, the others are 8, 2, 1, and are the lucky doggies who have a good sized FENCED back yard to run around and chase the birds and squirrels who try to share. Of course, Mom and Dad enjoy the luxury of simply going to the sliding glass door and saying, “Get the birdies!” They still get to go to the rail trail, walk on leashes, and greet the other walkers and the many other dogs who are not as lucky.

• waggytalesdogblog
      28th October 2018 at 8:58 pm

I have a 15 year old and she’s at the comfortable stage too. Every day is a bonus! I would love four dogs but I have 2 of my own and take care of my daughters too so there is 4 here quite often. I think your dogs are very lucky to have you.x

2. 30th October 2018 at 8:19 am

I have two of my own and a usually a foster around the house now pretty much regularly.i must say sometimes is engaging but I will never ever stay without them or with only one dog.My Clara is now 11 death and nearly completely blind but still as active as a puppy and still running on the beach with the others every morning 😀

• waggytalesdogblog
      30th October 2018 at 12:35 pm

Oh you are so lucky to live near a beach where your dogs can run free. It sounds like Clara has a wonderful life despite her disabilities. I have an elderly dog too and she inspires me so much. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day xx

• 30th October 2018 at 1:00 pm

You too dear.i always enjoy your posts and books tour.
        P.s
        I love the new pic with the cupcakes😍

• waggytalesdogblog
        30th October 2018 at 1:31 pm

• 30th October 2018 at 1:00 pm

By the way,do you also have a Instagram pg?

• waggytalesdogblog
        30th October 2018 at 1:32 pm

I don’t, maybe I should? Haha

• 30th October 2018 at 8:55 pm

You definitely should,share doggies and books😍

3. 30th October 2018 at 9:41 am

Aw, your dogs are beautiful!! I wish so much I had a dog, but I simply don’t have the time for one at the moment – maybe someday. 🙂

Thanks for brightening my day with these pictures! <3

• waggytalesdogblog
      30th October 2018 at 12:24 pm

That’s so nice, thank you.Dogs do take up a lot of time, have a lovely day x