15 Low Shedding Dog Breeds- Hypoallergenic Breeds
There is no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog but some dogs have coats which shed less and therefore are the best for allergy sufferers. It is the dander, which is attached to pet hair, that affects people with pet allergies. However, there are a few low shedding dog breeds which may make great pets for people with mild allergies.
It is normal for a dog to develop a thicker coat in Winter, then shed it in Spring. However, if your dog starts to shed excessively or develop bald patches, there may be an underlying medical condition or stress-related illness, so talk to your vet.
Here is a List of 15 Low Shedding Dog Breeds
West Highland Terrier
Kerry Blue Terrier
Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Portuguese Water Dog
Simple Tips To Reduce Dog Shedding
1.You can cut down on the amount of pet hair in your home with regular brushing.
2. Good nutrition can also help to reduce shedding in dogs. Cheap products have a high percentage of grains that are hard for the dog to digest. Look for a product which has a higher meat content.
3. Improve the quality of a dogs coat by adding a drop of olive oil or coconut oil to their food and add salmon, tuna or sardines to their diet (no bones).
4. Also, fish skins given as a treat will also add nutrients and clean teeth. My dogs really love them but make sure that you keep in an airtight container because the smell is very strong.
5. Dehydration can also cause the skin to dry and therefore more fur is lost, so keep the water bowls topped up.
6. Regular baths help to reduce shedding in dogs followed by a towel dry and light hair dryer. Use a special de-shedding brush which can be purchased from pet shops.
Reduce Shedding in the Home
It goes without saying that regular vacuuming is important when you have a shedding dog in your home. Special pet hoovers are available with attachments to clean upholstery as well as carpets.
A lint remover is a must for removing pet hair from clothes. You can also use a brush or glove with rubber bristles which are designed for pet hair removal from clothes and upholstery.
TopTip… Simply wipe with a tumble dryer sheet which will remove fur, and in addition, repels dust and pet hair.
An air purifier will filter the dust and allergens from the air.
5 in 1 Grooming Kit With Vacuum
- Comes with 5 professional tools to handle pet hair removal, trimming, and grooming in one go! Give pet fur a healthy makeover, without the hassle of flyaways.
- Equipped with a 400W powerful vacuum to suction 99% of pet hair into the dust box as you groom, keeping your home fur-free and spotless.
- N930 comes with a 4.5L dust box to collect all types of pet hair as you groom, saving you hassle and time.
- Use the adjustable clipping comb on pet hair of all lengths. Give your pet a new look with professional tools and zero effort.
- 4 adjustable suction modes to put your pet at ease for easy grooming and trimming.
Dogs that shed the most
If you do suffer from allergies, are house proud or don’t have the time for daily dog grooming there will be certain breeds to avoid.
The following breeds are known to be high shedders.
Recommended Products To Reduce Shedding
Thank you for reading about low shedding dog breeds.