I’ve been thinking lately about all the little things we hate and I mean really hate. I’m not talking about World politics, religion or anything that is greatly important. These are little tiny niggles, that get right under your skin and make you want to explode!
I will make a list of mine but I really want to know yours too.
1. This is what I was referring to in the title post. You know when you ask someone if they’re o.k and they reply “Yes fine thanks”. They are clearly not fine! Anything but fine. So you step carefully and say “Are you sure?” to get the reply “No honestly, I am fine!”. If you’re not fine, just say “I’m having a bad day” then we can move on
2. Why can’t I open a child-proof bottle top without removing a layer of skin on my fingers? Trust me I don’t want to drink the bleach I just want to clean the toilet!
3. I hate supermarket shopping but it has to be done, ………preferably as quickly as possible. So I feel like tearing my hair out when shoppers congregate in the aisles to have a good old chat. The gossip is so interesting that they forget about their trollies and abandon them……..right next to the bread, milk, eggs etc, in other words just where you need to see. I would like a sign next to essentials saying ” No Stopping”
4. Cryptic Facebook posts eg someone says “Charlie is feeling scared at City Hospital” or “Sam is very excited at Heathrow Airport” Then there are the ones who post “You’ll never guess what just happened! So everyone responds but they never reply.
5. Please say thank you, it doesn’t hurt.
7. I really can’t be bothered with magic tricks. You never find out how it is done and it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Show me how you do it and I might be impressed. (Don’t even get me started on the rabbits)
8. Precocious children. I love children but they should be enjoying their childhood not acting like adults…..go climb a tree!
9. if your dog is cold put a warm coat on him. Please do not dress him as a pumpkin and post on Twitter, there is just no need.
10. People who say “like” too much. I mean like five times in one sentence. Oops!
11. Neighbours who are so competent that they will be out clearing the snow from the drive………while it is still snowing!
12. People who really upset you and then say “I was only joking”. It is not an excuse so that you can hurt people’s feelings and not feel bad. Be kind!
Okay that’s enough for now, I am completely seething after writing this post.Please tell me that it’s not just me.