Dog Trivia Facts
This is a concise list of dog trivia facts which might be surprising, even for dog lovers! Take a look and learn some fascinating facts about our canine friends.
- Dogs have three eyelids.
- Dogs have 1,700 taste buds, whilst cats have just 470.
- A dogs sense of smell is 1,000 to 10,000 times more effective than our own.
- The Basenji is the only dog that doesn’t bark, but he can yodel.
- Dogs can see in colour, mainly blue and yellow and they can see in the dark.
- A dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child.
- Border Collies are the cleverest dogs, some can recognize 200 words.
- If a dog wags his tail to the right he is happy, to the left he is scared.
- A fully grown dog has 42 teeth,
- Dogs sweat glands are in their paws.
- A dog’s brain releases oxytocin, the love hormone when he interacts with humans and other dogs.
- Dogs with pointed faces live longer than dogs with flat faces.
- Dachshunds were bred to hunt badgers,
- A female dog and her female offspring are capable of giving birth to over 6000 puppies in 7 years.
- The oldest dog on record lived to be 29 years and 5 months, he was an Australian cattle dog.
Hope you learned something new!