Is It Just Me?
People who are not dog lovers don’t understand the strange things that we do because we love our dogs so much To me, it comes naturally, they are my fur babies and I want them to be happy! Or, Is It Just Me?
I put together a short list of the everyday things I do for my dogs. I wonder if anyone else does strange things for their dogs? Or is it just me?
1. Have you ever caught your dog’s eye and licked your tongue out to see if they do it back? It’s a great game, you can also teach them to blink and twitch their noses, absolutely no use whatsoever but such fun. Not to be done in public for obvious reasons!
2. Do you say ‘bless you’ when your dog sneezes?
3. Have you ever sat on the floor because the dog looks comfy on the sofa?
4.How about cooking the dog some lovely chicken, when you have beans on toast for supper?
5. Do you have really silly nicknames like BooBooBear or Snugglebum? and talk to the dog as if they are a baby? ……’Who’s the best doggy in the World?’ and ‘oh you are sooo clever’
6. I have actually apologised to my dog because it is raining!
7. When it’s really hot would you put the fan on the dog whilst you swelter in the heat?
8. I leave something interesting on the tv when I go out, usually Animal Planet so they don’t get bored. I will also tell them exactly where I am going, how long I will be and I always tell them which one is in charge whilst I’m not there.
9. I buy a mint shower gel because I know my dog likes to lick it off my feet after I’ve showered.
Everyone sings to their dogs….or is it just me?
10. I sing ‘How much is that doggy in the window?’ to them although I am tone-deaf.
11. I wrap up Christmas presents for them and prepare a special Christmas dinner.
12. Every pocket of every coat, cardigan, hoodie is full of small plastic bags, even though the dog is at home!
13 If I’m away I insist on speaking to my dogs over the phone, and I’m upset if they’re not missing me.
14 I don’t have family photos in my wallet or on my bedside table, I have photos of my dog instead.
Do any of these crazy things sound familiar?
Or is it just me?
Hope you enjoyed the post, for a little more dog humour please press here
Have a look at this post called Said no dog owner…ever!