Is It Just Me?
Just a short compilation of the silly things we dog owners do for our fur babies.
You may recognise some of them or even do some yourself.
I hope so, or Is It Just Me?
- Have you ever caught your dog’s eye and licked your tongue out to see if they do it back? It’s a great game, you can also teach them to blink and twitch their noses, absolutely no use whatsoever but such fun. Not to be done in public for obvious reasons!
- Do you say ‘bless you’ when your dog sneezes?
- Have you ever sat on the floor because the dog looks comfy on the sofa?
- How about cooking the dog some lovely chicken, when you have beans on toast for supper?
- Do you have really silly nicknames like BooBooBear or Snugglebum? and talk to the dog as if they are a baby? ……’Who’s the best doggy in the World?’ and ‘ohhh you are sooo clever’
- I have actually apologised to my dog because it is raining!
- When it’s really hot would you put the fan on the dogs whilst you swelter in the heat?
- I leave something interesting on the tv when I go out, usually Animal Planet so they don’t get bored. I will also tell them exactly where I am going, how long I will be and I always tell them which one is in charge whilst I’m not there.
- I buy a mint shower gel because I know my dog likes to lick it off my feet after I’ve showered.
- I sing ‘How much is that doggy in the window?’ to them although I am tone-deaf.
- Every pocket of every coat, cardigan, hoodie is full of small plastic bags, even though the dog is at home!
Is it just me?
Please let me know in the comments if you recognise any of these strange behaviours. Maybe you have your own silly ways too!
I would love to know.