18 Ridiculously Outrageous Things That Only Dog Lovers Do
Or Is It Just Me?
People who are not dog lovers don’t understand the strange things that we do because we love our dogs so much. To me, it comes naturally, they are my fur babies and I want them to be happy! Or, Is It Just Me?
I put together a short list of the everyday things I do for my dogs. I wonder if anyone else does strange things for their dogs? Or is it just me?
1. Have you ever caught your dog’s eye and licked your tongue out to see if they do it back? It’s a great game, you can also teach them to blink and twitch their noses, absolutely no use whatsoever but such fun. Not to be done in public for obvious reasons!
2. Do you say ‘bless you’ when your dog sneezes?
3. Have you ever sat on the floor because the dog looks comfy on the sofa?
4.How about cooking the dog some lovely chicken, when you have beans on toast for supper?
5. Do you have really silly nicknames like BooBooBear or Snugglebum? and talk to the dog as if they are a baby? ……’Who’s the best doggy in the World?’ and ‘oh you are sooo clever’
6. I have actually apologised to my dog because it is raining!
7. When it’s really hot would you put the fan on the dog whilst you swelter in the heat?
8. I leave something interesting on the tv when I go out, usually Animal Planet so they don’t get bored. I will also tell them exactly where I am going, how long I will be and I always tell them which one is in charge whilst I’m not there.
9. I buy a mint shower gel because I know my dog likes to lick it off my feet after I’ve showered.
Everyone sings to their dogs….or is it just me?
10. I sing ‘How much is that doggy in the window?’ to them although I am tone-deaf.
11. I wrap up Christmas presents for them and prepare a special Christmas dinner.
12. Every pocket of every coat, cardigan, hoodie is full of small plastic bags, even though the dog is at home!
13 If I’m away I insist on speaking to my dogs over the phone, and I’m upset if they’re not missing me.
14 I don’t have family photos in my wallet or on my bedside table, I have photos of my dog instead
15 Do you have one-sided conversations with your dog that sound a little like this:-
Me : “Darcy would you like your jumper on sweetie?”
Dog : Looks at me in complete disgust
Me : “Come on, it’s cold today!”
Dog : Checks his nether regions are where he left them
Me: ( singing*) “Come and have your jumper on you cheeky boy!”
Dog: Raises his lip and goes to sit under the table
Me: “You need your jumper on if we’re going for a walk”
Dog: Suddenly at my side raising a paw to have jumper put on as if he has been waiting all day!
16 Is your phone, Facebook and Instagram feed full of photos of your dog?
17 Do you sign your dog’s name on Greetings cards with a little paw print by the side?
18 If one of my dogs needs ear drops I pretend to give them to the other dog too, so he doesn’t feel left out!
Do any of these crazy things sound familiar?
Or is it just me?
Hope you enjoyed the post, for a little more dog humour please press here
Have a look at this post called Said no dog owner…ever!