18 Strange Things That Only Dog Lovers Do
Or Is It Just Me?
People who are not dog lovers don’t understand the weird and wacky things that dog lovers do.
To me, it comes naturally, they are my fur babies and I want them to be happy!
Some of these things I just do without thinking, and it isn’t until someone points out that it’s weird that I actually notice I’m doing it.
I spend a lot of time alone with my dogs, therefore I talk to them constantly. We go to bed at the same time and get up together, so of course, I tell them ‘Good Night’ and make sure that they are comfortable and warm in their beds.
Here is a list of things I do with my dogs and dog lovers tell me that it isn’t strange at all. In fact, some people do even stranger things than me!
Do you do any of the following things?
If you do post it in the comments and we can see how weird we all actually are!
1. Have you ever caught your dog’s eye and licked your tongue out to see if they do it back? It’s a great game, you can also teach them to blink and twitch their noses, absolutely no use whatsoever but such fun. Not to be done in public for obvious reasons!
2. Do you say ‘bless you’ when your dog sneezes?
3. Have you ever sat on the floor because the dog looks comfy on the sofa?
4.How about cooking the dog some lovely chicken, when you have beans on toast for supper?
5. Do you have really silly nicknames like BooBooBear or Snugglebum? and talk to your dog as if they are a baby? ……’Who’s the best doggy in the World?’ and ‘Ohh you are sooo clever’
6. I have actually apologised to my dog because it is raining!
7. When it’s really hot would you put the fan on the dog whilst you swelter in the heat?
8. I leave something interesting on the tv when I go out, usually Animal Planet so they don’t get bored. I will also tell them exactly where I am going, how long I will be and I always tell them which one is in charge whilst I’m not there.
9. I buy a mint shower gel because I know my dog likes to lick it off my feet after I’ve showered.
10. I sing ‘How much is that doggy in the window?’ to them although I am tone-deaf.
11. I wrap up Christmas presents for them and prepare a special Christmas dinner.
12. Every pocket of every coat, cardigan, or hoodie is full of small plastic bags, even when your dog isn’t with you.
13 If I’m away I insist on speaking to my dogs over the phone, and I’m upset if they’re not missing me.
14 I don’t have family photos in my wallet or on my bedside table, I have photos of my dogs instead.
16 Is your phone, Facebook and Instagram feed full of photos of your dog?
17 Do you sign your dog’s name on Greetings cards with a little paw print by the side?
18 If one of my dogs needs ear drops I pretend to give them to the other dog too, so he doesn’t feel left out!
Do any of these crazy things sound familiar?
Or is it just me?
Have a look at this post called